In 2003, Nannette Ripmeester, Founder and Director of Expertise in Labour Mobility (ELM) started together with Roger Colmer, Head Global EP Technical Resourcing, Shell International EP B.V., the International Mobility Group (IMG). The IMG was set up to share best practice in the area of labour mobility. A number of blue chip household name companies, engaged in international operations, supported the idea of sharing their vast array of experience and knowledge on the issues around staff expatriation. The group has since then discussed different topics around processes and practices to underline the principle “people are our most valuable asset”.
Members of the IMG Group are organisations operating internationally. The HR departments of these companies have proven knowledge and experiences in the field of expatriation and recruiting employees for international assignments. ELM organises IMG lunches – Food for Thought – to enhance the sharing of knowledge and experiences. During these meetings HR managers from a range of multinational companies will be challenged to think about hot topics in the world of international mobility. Several speakers will deliver food for thought which is followed by a discussion to share ideas and best practice with other HR managers. By sharing knowledge and experiences in the field of International Mobility, ELM aims to contribute to make mobility work!
- What is the 21st Century employee value proposition for expatriation? (hosted by Shell)
- What does it take to make a success of repatriation? (hosted by ING)
- Effective Expatriation – How to make it work? (speakers from KLM, Philips, CGE&Y)
- Expatriate Mobility in Europe (speakers from the European Commission and ELM)
- Meeting Dubai and the Gulf Region (speaker regional expert ELM)
- Meeting India (speakers from Indian businesses as well as the Dutch ambassador to India)
- Is there a European Labour market for Top Managers? (speaker Professor Groningen University)
- Europe in fight for top talent?! Reality or wishful thinking around mobility (sharing of ideas around statements)
- In the past the world was a simpler place to be: times have changed… (speakers from Philips and ELM)