Careers no longer stop at national borders, and an international career requires more than just translating your CV. ELM workshops are designed to help students orientate themselves towards the challenges the international job market offers.
- What skill sets are employers looking for?
- How to get invited to the job interview?
- Understand the influence of culture on CVs.
- Enhancing practical global career skills.
Post-Docs and PhDs often face questions surrounding career development, which differ from the issues faced by regular employees or students. This highly interactive workshop is aimed at bringing clarity to early career development for academics.
- Create an insight into personal/career goals.
- Provide a process for exploring career needs.
- Learn the power of networking.
- Focus on current position, desired destination, and unique personal resources (subject of interest, skills, values, style).
Expertise in Labour Mobility has developed a game that can be used to teach, educate and stimulate cultural awareness among its participants. Discussion afterwards leads to a better understanding of, and feeling for the ‘other’ culture.
- Interactive and fun!
- Enhance global work skills.
- A tailored made application.
- Test expectations and perceptions.